If you have had breast implantation surgery and are concerned about your current implants what are the signs of rupture?
A silicon implant ruptures when it splits or tears. The following are some of the signs of rupture and if you experience any of them you should seek medical help immediately:
- Severe pain in the breast(s)
- An intense burning sensation in the breast(s)
- Unusual or unexpected excessive swelling in or around the breast(s)
- Deflated breast(s)
- Any discharge from the wound
- Temperature above 380C or 100.40F
- Any unexpected lumps or aches which cause concern or pain.
Should any of these symptoms occur, contact your GP or surgeon immediately.
Source: My Health Portal